Friday, March 1, 2024

US fighter jet shot down an unidentified object 40,000 feet high

Vivid News 24: Six days after the downing...

Sidharth Malhotra and Kiara Advani host reception party in Delhi

Vivid News 24: On social media, previously unreleased...

Center orders Twitter, and YouTube to remove links sharing BBC documentary on PM Modi

Vivid News 24: The BBC documentary “India: The Modi Question first” was allegedly broadcast on several YouTube channels that the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has shut down. Furthermore, Twitter was told to suppress more than 50 tweets that linked to pertinent YouTube videos.

According to reports, the secretary of information and broadcasting issued the directives on Friday while acting under the IT Rules, 2021’s emergency powers. According to authorities, Twitter and YouTube have both followed the rules.

The British Broadcasting Corporation show has previously been referred to by MEA as a “propaganda job” that lacks objectivity and has a colonial mindset. Although it wasn’t made available in India by BBC India, certain YouTube channels seem to have it to perpetuate a false stereotype of Indians.

Also Read Rahul Gandhi ahead of the opposition camp for the post of PM: Shatrughan Sinha

YouTube has reportedly also been instructed to take the video down from its website if it is ever placed there again. Furthermore, Twitter has been told to track down and delete any tweets that link to the video on other websites.

Reliable sources state that after reviewing the documentary, senior officials from several Ministries, including MEA, MHA, and MIB, concluded that it was an attempt to undermine the legitimacy of the Supreme Court of India, sow discord among various Indian communities, and make unsubstantiated claims about the activities of foreign governments in India.

As a result, it was judged that the documentary endangered India’s integrity and sovereignty and had the potential to sour the country’s relations with other nations as well as its internal public order. After the I&B Ministry purportedly exploited the emergency powers provided by the Information Technology Rules, 2021 to make the request, YouTube and Twitter have agreed to remove the links.

Also Read Himachal Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu inducted 7 ministers in his cabinet

Vivid News-24 Desk
Vivid News-24 Deskhttps://vividnews24.com
Vivid News-24 News India's new growing news website. Which provides some specific categories of news, top world news, entertainment, sports, new technology, politics etc.
Latest news
Related news

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here